Friday, November 5, 2010

Follow Friday: Moultrie Creek Gazette


I know I am not the first family historian to ponder the wonders of the digital age in relation to how computers, the Internet, Apple and IBM have changed our lives and wish for the opportunity to ask our grandparents for their take on this explosion of technology.

As the newsletter editor of my chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution I am always looking for inspiration and ideas on how to keep our members interested. Like newsletter editors everywhere, I look to other newsletters for fresh ideas to incorporate into our newsletter. You don't have to be a newsletter editor to be inspired by Moultrie Creek Gazette, which I am pleased to feature for Follow Friday.

Denise Olson has created an on-line publication that is consistently my go-to whenever I am looking for inspiration or just to browse the articles or I want  enjoy the first-class photography. A few of her recent articles that grabbed my attention: using your own family ephemera to create custom graphics for family history projects and building a blog network. I highly recommend both articles but don't just take my word. Spend a few minutes and I guarantee you'll become a follower as well.

A post to Creekside Chatter, an online service from Moultrie Creek, asks the question, What will the Future of Business Cards Look Like? has my attention. As a former owner of an ad agency and hubs involved in social media in his career, this is a topic that recently came up over our morning coffee. I'm anxious to see what the rest of the blogisphere thinks.

Moultrie Creek Gazette gives me a chance to stretch my creative wings, learn something new about this wonderful digital age but I confess to printing out my favorite articles. Something I'll bet my grandparents would have done as well.

Keep up the great work Denise!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails