Wednesday, March 23, 2011

One Lovely Blog Award



Imagine my surprise when I sat down this morning to (finally!) spend quality time "In My Life" to discover that fellow bloggers Karen at Genealogy Frame of Mind and Leslie Ann at Lost Family Treasures left comments that they were nominating my blog for the One Lovely Blog Award. 


Now how great is that? Personally I think it is a really big deal and am feeling more than a little pleased. After all, who doesn't enjoy applause and a pat on the back from people whose work you admire and want to encourage other bloggers? Reason enough for a happy dance.


Now comes the fun part .... I get to make 15 other bloggers just as happy but I guess I am getting ahead of myself.


Before I can display my gorgeous pink and white award In My Life, I need to:


1. Acknowledge the award by posting to (your) my blog.
2. Nominate 15 other blogs that I think are lovely (gosh .. only 15??)
3. Contact each person to let them know that they have been nominated.


There are so many wonderfully talented and creative people who inhabit the blogisphere, selecting 15 lovely blogs really is going to be difficult but  I'll abide by the rules and list my 15 nominees:


1.  Blind Pig & the Acorn


2.  Blue Ridge Blog


3.  Cher's Shots


4.  Dar's Stuffings


5.  DearMyrtle's Genealogy Blog


6.  Finding Eliza


7.  Genealogy & Me


8.  Moultrie Creek Gazette


9.  Preserving  Heritage


10.  Random Relatives


11. Reflections From The Fence


12. Roots and Stones


13. Small-Leaved Shamrock


14. Tour Scotland Photographs


15. Twig Talk


I hope you will visit my 15 One Lovely Blog Award selections and, like I have, become inspired by their creativity. After all ... aren't we all just children at heart who refuse to put down our digital crayons? 

6 comments:

Dar said...

Cindy, you are a sweetheart to consider me a candidate. The thing is, I don't do these only because I am so illiterate at transferring such things. Never did get it. Soooo, dear, if you want to elect another, I am gladly sharing. I will, however, remember your kindness. Thank you so much. Have a wonderful day, Cindy and hi to your family.
BlessYourSweetGenerousHeart

Carol said...

Thank you ever so much Cindy for the award.

Carol said...

By the way, I just love your current header photo! Stunning!!

Cher' Shots said...

Wow, imagine MY surprise!! Thanks Cindy, you are a sweetheart.
'love & hugs from afar'

Tipper said...

Cindy-Congratulations to you!! And thank you so much for passing it on to me. Makes my day to know you like the Blind Pig : )

Lisa / Smallest Leaf said...

Thanks for your kindness, dear Cindy! You are such a loyal and thoughtful reader. I much appreciate you remembering Small-leaved Shamrock
even though my writing has been sporadic over the past year or so. I hope you can keep up the good work here on your blog although you are now again busy with work. Thanks again for remembering me!

Lisa
Smallest Leaf

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails